Foundations Of Commercial Property InvestmentAn ideal introduction to the world of commercial property
Next events: Bristol – 17th OctoberAbout The Course
About The Course
Foundations of Commercial Property Investment is an ideal introduction to the world of commercial property. The course is specifically designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive introduction to the processes and procedures, jargon, pitfalls and professionals involved in commercial property investment. Each topic is delivered by a qualified expert with professional experience in that field.
BristolWednesday 17th October 2018
What You’ll Learn On This Training Day
- The benefits of investing in commercial property and portfolio building
- The different types of commercial properties, and the different types of commercial leases
- The legal processes before, during and after purchase
- The acquisition process and how to instruct your professional services team
- How to conduct thorough Due Diligence: what to look out for, protections
- The risks and problems that can arise and how to solve them
- Taxes – implications, exemptions and allowances: VAT, SDLT, Business Rates, TOGC, capital allowances and much more
- How to acquire and structure funding and get the best terms
- How to create capital value on day 1
- Survey and valuation for commercial properties: what to look for when viewing a commercial property, drivers of value and how to add value
Very good day spent on commercial property investment. I have learnt a lot, especially on capital allowances which will probably save me a lots of money. A lot of materials on commercial leases, acquiring commercial properties, valuing it, getting it funded. A content-rich day! Very impressed and highly recommended! Highly recommended.
The Course Is Ideal For
- anyone interested in investing in commercial property;
- residential investors/landlords/developers looking to diversify their portfolio;
- support staff working for property developers, agents, investors, family offices;
- estate agents (lettings or sales) wishing to expand their business to include commercial property;
- property managers wanting to attract commercial landlords;
- anyone with an interest in commercial property.
Had a great time at the Foundations of commercial property investment. Having only ever invested in residential, this was a real eye opener into how the market differs when it comes to things like lending and leases. We also had a good selection of specialists covering aspects such as tax, capital allowances and commercial mortgages. Everything was well arranged throughout the day so we never had to slow down.